Saturday, January 16, 2010
10 Fitness Tips
With winter being here, I know exactly how hard it is to get motivated to exercise and keep fit. All we can do is our best and try VERY hard not to have too many excuses.
1. Write a list: Jot down how you feel when you are working out and how you feel when you are being a couch potato. We all know what the better option is but sometimes we need to be reminded.
2. Start Today: If we continue to say "I'll start tomorrow", tomorrow will never come and that will always be an excuse out of being healthy. There is no better time than today!
3. Commit Yourself: Whether that is to your mum, dad, friend, boyfriend, husband or personal trainer. You need to be held accountable for IF you slacken of. You will feel as though you have something to prove to that person and therefore are less likely to give in.
4. Be Organised: Being organised is a HUGE thing for me. Have your workout clothes ready in the morning, keep track of what you eat and when you exercise and MAKE time to exercise. These are all parts of being organised.
5. Be Realistic: Make goals, but make realistic ones. If you goals are too extreme you'll lose motivation in trying to get them. Set goals that are achievable in the next month or two months.
6. Make Exercise FUN: Get involved with your partner or pet. If you have fun you are more likely to stick to it.
7. Make exercise a HABIT: Try and do your workouts at least three times per week. If it feels like a routine then you are less likely to skip it.
8. Exercise at home: Buy an exercise DVD or just do my exercise vids on YT. Then there is no excuse even if it is pouring rain outside or snowing.
9. Buy a Skipping Rope: Skipping is such a great fat burner. It is cheap and you can do it in the comfort of your own backyard. Aim for sets of 1-2 minutes.
10. Exercise During AD breaks: That way you can be a couch potato and finish your workout. Choose a different exercise for every ad break and by the time your hour long show is over, so will your workout :)
Keep Motivated, Spring is around the corner!